Sanford should practice what he preaches

This letter is in response to the drivel of articles covering the so-called controversy concerning the extramarital affair of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford. 

The modus operandi is always the same for these Bible-thumping "moral" leaders. First, they preach to do as they say, but not as they do. Second, they go get a concubine because many leaders in the Bible did so. Third, they get caught with their pants down. Then God intervenes to "change him so that he can emerge from the scandal a more humble and effective leader." Excuse me, if this guy doesn't resign, I think I'm going to puke. 

Sanford says he found his soul mate "but said he would work to repair his relationship with his wife, Jenny, the mother of their four sons." Well, that is very honorable of the governor to uphold his vow after being caught with that bambina of Argentina. Who in their right mind would use state aircraft to fly all the way down there when you can get the same hooker at the corner bar? She must be one hell of a performer. Where's Uncle Charley when you need him?  Oh, wait a minute, that was "three" sons. 

Per the article, he "cites scripture and his faith in God." Ok, how about ‘thou shall not commit adultery?' Further, "he admitted the session would offer him little chance of success in pushing a small-government agenda that sought to give his office more authority." Yep, in political parlance, they call it lame duck or lame-something-else. 

The soon-to-be former Mrs. Sanford said, "the person I married was centered on a core of morals. The person who did this is not centered on those morals." And that is why he should resign or face impeachment. It's over, governor. Now leave.

Joe Bialek is a Cleveland, Ohio, resident.

Joe Bialek