James Arlowe and the Ruffian Circus

4f58493edee7e.image

Courtesy of jamesarlowe.com

The Circus is in town — James Arlowe and the Ruffian Circus that is. Combining an array of musical inspiration from genres all across the board, The Circus has created a sound all its own. James Arlowe, the group’s tenacious ringleader, fuses together rock ‘n’ roll, folk and bluesy soul in a way that only he could dream up. Arlowe presents the lyrics and melodies to The Ruffians — Mike Lynn, bass, Andrew Oliva, drums, and Mark Pasquarello, piano/accordion. Along with guest guitarist C.J. Kostick, the group works vigorously to compose a diverse, larger-than-life catalogue of songs. With their explosive chemistry, powerful anthems and ability to play to the crowd, James Arlowe and the Ruffian Circus make every stage they play their own performance ring.

Based out of Freehold, The Circus is relatively new to the scene but has been making waves in the local waters playing staple N.J. venues such as The Saint, The Stone Pony and The Brighton Bar. However, the group has not only played live shows in Jersey; the collective has also performed at infamous venues like Arlene's Grocery in NYC and The Legendary Dobbs in Philly. Adding to the list of feats, The Circus had the honor of receiving a nomination in the 2011 Asbury Music Awards for Best Live Performance this past November. Needless to say they, are ready for the big top.

James Arlowe and the Ruffian Circus will debut their first full-length album Insignificant Fire on iTunes in early spring. Can't wait that long? They currently have some songs and live performances streaming on their Facebook page where they also have a list of all of their upcoming shows. Catch them at The Downtown in Red Bank on March 28 before they embark on their first tour. So come along and enjoy the show!

Comments

Rules of Conduct
  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.