Marilyn Monroe Comes to Macy's

5141230b35ca3.image

Courtesy of Fanpop.com

Macy’s will be premiering a new collection celebrating the late fashion icon Marilyn Monroe. This beauty bombshell was not only known for her role as an actress but also for her signature innocent style and glamour.

To this very day, modern-day celebrities and people all around the world have considered Monroe a fashion icon.

Macy’s has partnered with LF USA and Authentic Brands Group to create a new clothing line that, according to Macy’s, “reimagines the style of the greatest icon of the 20th century for the 21st century fashionista.”

The Marilyn Monroe line will launch this month in the Mstylelab department at 150 Macy’s stores, as well as, online at macys.com. The Macy’s ad campaigns will feature famous images of Monroe beside the new collection. The ads can be found online, in fashion magazines, and on Macy.com as well in Macy’s stores.

The designs evoke several of Monroe’s looks with a slightly more playful and fashionable edge to match the updated styles of today’s young shoppers. It embraces the inner Monroe style for fashion lovers of today’s generation.

The clothing line features Monroe’s infamous red dress with a little shorter hemline, since Monroe typically wore her dresses below the knee. This dress will be above the knee in order to give it a more modern twist. There will also be several more Monroe-inspired hourglass silhouettes, including a retro halter dress cinched at the waist and Monroe’s iconic white dress from the film “The Seven Year Itch”. The line will also include Denim shorts, short enough to see the pockets and a few picnic table cloth inspired cropped T-shirts, along with a T-shirts printed with Monroe’s face.

“Marilyn Monroe’s appeal is legendary and Macy’s is excited to launch a collection that draws inspiration from her timeless style,” Martine Reardon, Macy’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement about the collection. “This new line takes her unique sensibility noteworthy silhouettes and colors of the time, and reinvents them for a modern-day Marilyn Monroe that is fun-loving, flirty and not afraid to play with fashion.”

The Marilyn Monroe line will feature colors like blues, pinks, reds, and black and white which will all give off a little bit of a girl next door feeling to the clothing.

Monroe’s legacy will continue to live on and this is one of the many ways making her still an inspiration, from her movies to her style.

The collection will retail from $29 to $89.

Maiy Elbery