City sees increase in dining locations over summer break

It’s no secret that Rutgers students are saddened by the exodus of the Grease Trucks from their long-term residence at Lot 8.

Nevertheless, hungry Scarlet Knights should take this opportunity to experience the new eateries that have recently opened their doors in the city of New Brunswick. From coffee to curry, the options are endless.

Bite into a fresh, made-to-order gourmet burger of Angus beef on a fresh baked bun at 25 Burgers. Their menu features a variety of unique burgers, from the teriyaki chicken burger to the chipotle bison burger.

BonChon Chicken specializes in Korean fried chicken, double-fried and hand-brushed with a choice of soy garlic or hot sauce. In addition to their chicken, the restaurant offers a variety of traditional Korean dishes, including tteokboki, bibimbop, japchae and bulgogi.

Try authentic brick oven pizza at Chipp Neapolitan Pizza. Customers can experience classic Neapolitan pies including the margherita, marinara, capri and Sicilian, or even design their own pizza from their extensive list of ingredients.

Enjoy the exotic flavors of Thai cuisine at Easton Thai Kitchen. The restaurant features all of the favorites, such as pad see ew, pad thai and an assortment of curries. Try the “Drunken Rutgers” flat noodles and meat stir-fried with bell pepper, onion, basil, egg and Thai chili paste.

Popular late-night eatery Hansel n’ Griddle has relocated from Mine Street to Easton Avenue. Now open until 3 a.m. every day, the eatery presents a varied menu including sandwiches, wraps, wings, burgers and smoothies. Satisfy sporadic cravings for pancakes, French toast, omelets and more with one of their many brunch options, made fresh and served all day.

Hidden Grounds coffee shop features an extensive menu of coffees, teas and baked goods. The café offers food as well, including a grilled cheese sandwich made from fresh bread and Indian cheese. Relax with a cup of joe, and use the free Wi-Fi to finish up some last-minute homework.

Highland Park’s renowned fast food establishment White Rose System has opened up a New Brunswick location. Famous for its slider-style burgers, the eatery offers French fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, milkshakes and more.

By Matthew Mikolay