Halloween How To: Fierce Cheetah

5272a65d319be.image
Photo by Emily Corkum |

Make-up by Joanna Papoulis, a senior in Mason Gross, model is Margaret Marsico a junior in the School of Communication and Information

For all of you ladies who are still stumped on costume ideas for tonight’s festivities, don’t worry; Inside Beat has got you covered. When you feel like your costume is too plain, eye-catching make up is all that is needed to create a fun and exciting look. This standout costume make-up instantly brings focus to the eyes and definition to the face, so finding a costume will no longer matter. These few steps will help anyone to cute and Halloween-ready for any party tonight.

There is nothing more fierce than transforming into a cheetah for the night. Start off with your basic foundation to achieve a smooth and even skintone. Apply base to your eyelid with a beige eye shadow; we used Urban Decay’s Naked Palette on School of Communication and Information junior Margret Marsico, our model. Then apply a gold eye shadow, such as the bareMinerals Eyecolor in True Gold, on top of the beige. This allows for the gold to pop.

To give dimension to your eye, mix a dark bronze and dark brown shadow onto your brush and apply it to the crease of your eyelid. Make sure to evenly blend it outward towards the corners of your eye to create an even contrast from light to dark.

Everyone knows that a good cat-eye is very dependent on eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner or felt tip eyeliner are the best types to achieve this look. To create a perfect eyeliner wing, it helps to draw a line, starting from the last outer lash, to determine the length of your wing. Then, connect a line back toward your upper lash line to create a thick and empty triangle on your upper lid. Shade in the triangle to get an intense and bold cat eye.

Photo:

Applying false eyelashes and mascara would brighten and open up the eye to create a more finished look.

Since it’s Halloween, a simple cat eye is not enough to indicate your costume. Therefore, to have more fun with this look, use your inner tear ducks as the starting point to connect the eyeliner from corner of your eye to the mid-outer section of your nose. Apply any type of highlighter or bronzer to contour your cheekbones, around the outside of your eyes and upward towards your temples to enhance your features.

Liquid eyeliner is preferred for creating the outlines for cheetah-print spots around the eyes and corner of the face. After doing so, apply a dark gold or bronze eye shadow to the center of the spots to create a transformation effect of human to animal.

Shade in the tip of your nose and draw whiskers that extend from nose to cheeks. Black, bright red, or plumy purple colors are great lipstick options to add for a finishing touch.

These basic steps are just starting points. Don’t be afraid to go all out and get even more creative- remember its Halloween!

Tatiana Vickerie