LX bus driver Stan McNeil resigns

527c005f8e0b8.image
Photo by Jovelle Tamayo |

Paul Carbonari, assistant general manager at First Transit, the bus service operator Rutgers employs, said LX bus driver Stan McNeil, resigned within a week or 10 days ago.

LX bus driver Stan McNeil, who is known by the Rutgers community for the words of encouragement and praise he offers all students who step onto his bus, has driven his last route from College Avenue to Livingston and back.

Paul Carbonari, assistant general manager at First Transit, the bus service operator Rutgers employs, has confirmed rumors about Stan McNeil’s current job standing. 

“I can say to you that Stan resigned,” he said. “I’d say within a week or 10 days ago.”

John Karakoglou, manager of transit systems for the Rutgers University Department of Transportation Services, also said Stan was not fired.

“He had some personal things he was dealing with with the bus company,” Karakoglou said. “I’m not sure, but I believe he had to resign to take care of other endeavors he wanted to do other things, I’m not sure. We definitely didn’t fire him.”

Stay tuned for more updates on this story.

Comments

Rules of Conduct
  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.