Men's Winter Essentials

Scarlet fashionistas love a well-dressed man, even in the winter. But you don’t have to forfeit fashion for warmth. Read on for a Scarlet Knight gentleman’s winter essentials for how to survive the snow in style.

Many guys on campus like to roll out of bed and head to class in a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants. As comfortable as that is, you can be just as comfortable in a pair of jogger pants and a crew neck.

The jogger pant has quickly become trendy. It’s not an item of sportswear anymore –thanks to its leather, twill and cotton fabrics, the jogger pant can be styled anyway you like. The best part about these pants is their cuffed ankles, which you can use to show off a new pair of kicks.

Jogger pants look good with anything, including other stylish statement pieces, like a leather jacket, black high top sneakers or a snapback.

Jogger pants have been spotted at Foot Locker, Foot Action, Finish Line and other sporting goods stores. If you want a pair that’s not sporty, check out Urban Outfitters, Publishbrand.com or Karmaloop.

Crew necks aren’t just for preps anymore. Now, they’re a wardrobe staple for any college man. They are easy to throw on, can go with anything and look sharper than a sweatshirt.

To sport this collegiate style, look for crew necks at Zumiez, J. Crew, Karmaloop and Urban Outfitters.

Parkas will always be fashionable. Recently, North Face fleeces have taken a backseat to these down-filled jackets with detachable hoods.

Purchasing a parka is a worthwhile investment. They are timeless, and are not too casual to wear to work. For the cold, they are durable and will keep you warmer than the popular North Face jacket.

Shop for parkas at any local department store, H&M or the Gap.

Footwear is an important piece to a winter outfit, not only because it can make or break a look, but because it also was to be sturdy enough to withstand the harsh weather.

Winter gives guys the opportunity to dust off their boots and chukkas. A good pair of boots should be in every man’s wardrobe because they are both stylish and practical for getting to and from classes in the snow and ice.

There are several boot styles perfect for this season, from biker boots to dress boots. Make sure that whatever style you choose complements your personal style.

Check out Aldo and Nordstrom’s for a wide selection of boots.

For the winter, beanies are a smart purchase. The popular men’s accessory not only keeps your head warm, but is versatile enough to be worn with almost anything.

Beanies can be a daily staple for the winter months and can be style just like a regular hat. Folding a beanie gives it a slouchier look, and tilting a beanie to the side gives the look personality.

This necessary item can be found almost anywhere.

With these winter must-haves, your wardrobe will be complete for the impending weather. Winter is coming!

Maiy Elbery