Coleman receives invite to Combine in Indianapolis

Former Rutgers football wide receiver Brandon Coleman received an invitation Friday to the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine.

The combine invites over 300 of the nation’s top college football players. Coleman will perform in front of representatives from all 32 NFL teams Feb. 22-25 in Indianapolis, Ind.

Coleman will likely compete in various events such as the 40-yard dash, bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone drill to test and measure his speed, jumping ability, strength and agility.

Coleman will also get a chance to interview with all 32 NFL teams for the first time.

The Accokeek, Md., native declared for the NFL Draft on Dec. 14, 2013, electing to forego his senior season.

Coleman compiled one of the most successful careers for a wide receiver in program history.

His 20 career touchdown receptions are tied for first in the Scarlet Knights’ 146-year history. Alumnus Tim Brown, who played from 2003-06, shares the record with Coleman.

The 6-foot-6 receiver started 27 games for Rutgers and played in 39 career games. He amassed 94 receptions for 1,808 yards, averaging 19.2 yards per reception.

Coleman saw his numbers decrease in receptions, touchdowns, yards and yards-per-catch this season from his breakout 2012 campaign. He also caught the least amount of touchdowns in his career, only collecting four, down from 10 last year and six his rookie season.

Coleman is the 18th ranked wide receiver prospect entering the NFL draft, according to Bleacher Report.

For updates on the Rutgers football team, follow Tyler Karalewich on Twitter @TylerKaralewich. For general Rutgers sports updates, follow @TargumSports.

By Tyler Karalewich