Beware: haunting Halloween makeup, nail art tutorials
Boy or girl, if you’re looking to go above and beyond with your Halloween make-up this year, it’s easy to grab a couple standard make-up bag staples and create a rad skeleton look.
To complete the look, you’ll need a very basic, affordable set of tools:
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Black pencil eyeliner
- Black eye shadow
- White face paint/soft pencil
- Eyeshadow brush
Step One (optional):
Apply a thin, even layer of foundation matching skin tone to even out the color.
- Create the outline of your look by using the black pencil eyeliner to draw guides. Draw (preferably in this order):
- An upward-pointing triangle over your nose
- Large circles around your eyes (connected by your eyebrows)
- Straight horizontal lines coming out from the sides of your lips (if it helps, suck in your cheeks to see where the line should be
- Straight, vertical lines over your lips and slightly on to your cheeks (for the teeth)
- A pinched parenthesis shape open toward your ear by your temporal bone on both sides
Draw an arrowhead shape by the last “tooth” on both sides of your cheeks and connect it to the cup with a thin line.
Furrow your brow and follow the natural creases on your forehead lightly with the pencil.
Step Five: Fill in the nose, eyes, arrowhead and pinched parenthesis with black eye shadow.
Shade around the forehead, cheekbones, nose and lips to your liking to add depth to the outline. Expand the arrowhead to connect it to the top three outer teeth.
Use white to lightly fill in the teeth.
- Nail polish, as many colors as possible (For these designs, you’ll want green, black and white.)
- Glitter or glitter nail polish (Green, if possible)
- Nail art pens or polishes with thin brushes (For designs)
- Toothpick or precision tool
- Cotton balls
- Nail polish remover
- Top coat (clear nail polish)