Join RUSA to enact change, gain experience

#RealTalk

Spring is an ideal time to get involved in the University community. Many organizations are holding elections, auditions or interviews to choose their next leaders and right now, you have the opportunity to get involved with your student government, the Rutgers University Student Assembly (RUSA)! Being a representative in RUSA is a great responsibility, one that develops students as individuals, problem solvers and leaders. There are a number of positions available for you to run for in the spring, as well as in the fall.

You’re probably wondering what RUSA does. Four years ago, I thought the same thing. Here are a few things we’ve accomplished in the past few years: getting the LX route, the installation of water fill stations around campus, the reversal of the dining halls closing early, the improved Katzenbach bus stop with Douglass Governing Council and providing Sandy relief for students who lived off campus. This is just scratching the surface on the work that RUSA has done and continues to do to improve the lives of students.

If you’re interested in getting involved with RUSA, your first step is to head to ruassembly.com and check out our Elections Central. There are a variety of resources to help you learn what RUSA does, what your role would be and how you can run for a position! RUSA has been, and continues to be, a vital component of the University community, and we hope you’ll consider running!

Saad Shamshair is a School of Arts and Sciences senior double majoring in public health and cell biology and neuroscience.

Saad Shamshair