Local Skiing & Snowboarding Adventures

snowboarding

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but winter sports make it delightful. Attention snow bunnies and ski bums of Rutgers, your time has come. As temperatures drop and hours spent languishing in the library rise, keep your eye on the prize with your mind on the powder. In just a few short weeks, the world will be yours again. You’re doing winter break all wrong if there’s no road trip planned to the slopes.

We rounded up our favorite three skiing and snowboarding spots that are sure to please if you’re in the market for a daylong adventure that is kind on the wallet and close to home. Whether you’re a straight rookie or old pro, bide your time, ace those finals and think snow.

Mountain Creek

Location: Vernon Township, New Jersey

It’s hard to say no to a $33 lift ticket, available Monday through Friday. Though specials for the 2015-2016 season have yet to be released, we are definitely keeping tabs on Jersey’s mightiest mountain. We may forgive, but we’ll never forget “Ladies Shred Free Tuesdays.” Rest in peace, you are dearly missed.

Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Location: Macungie, Pennsylvania

Deeming the entire Thursday as “College Day,” you are welcomed with open arms at Bear Creek just for being you. With a valid student ID, all collegians receive a $20 extended day lift ticket that's sure to come in clutch when the sun begins to set and you haven't conquered all 21 trails. 

Blue Mountain

Location: Palmerton, Pennsylvania

No matter if it's a weekday, weekend or holiday, the folks out there consider youth to last until the age of 21. When it comes to all things rate-related, that’s perfectly fine by us. Activities offered are tubing, terrain parks and top-notch conditions, so the whole crew is sure to leave as happy campers.

Janine Puhak