2 Rutgers students arrested after stabbing outside Old Bay Restaurant

4f19816d12767.image

Michael Young, 24, and Joel Tomanelli, 23, were arrested last night after Pablo Mero-Cabrera was stabbed and Annie Hodges was punched several times in front of Old Bay Restaurant. The two are being charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault, respectively. 

Two Rutgers graduate students were arrested early Friday morning and are being charged with attempted murder and assault, according to a press release by the New Brunswick Police Department.

Michael Young, 24, of Paramus, was being charged with attempted murder among other weapons offenses after stabbing Pablo Mero-Cabrera, 31, of New Brunswick, several times early this morning. The victim is recovering at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, and is listed as being “in stable condition.”

“His injuries do not appear to be life-threatening at this time,” according to a release.

Joel Tomanelli, 23, of Hillsdale, is being charged with aggravated assault.

A second victim, Annie Hodges, 24, of Spotswood, was punched multiple times but did not see any significant injuries.

“The preliminary findings suggests alcohol and drugs were involved,” according to the press release.

The incident took place outside the Old Bay Restaurant just before 2 a.m. on Feb. 5, and the assailants were arrested on the scene by the responders.

A University spokesperson declined  to comment, and referred queries to the NBPD.

NBPD is still investigating, and anyone with further information can call Detective Ray Quick at (732) 745-5217.

Nikhilesh De