Crime Blotter | Feb. 17, 2016

Feb. 16 MORRISTOWN — Nicole McDonough, a former Mendham High School teacher, pleaded guilty to second-degree official misconduct on Tuesday when she admitted to having sex with an 18-year-old student while working at West Morris High School. Pleading guilty was part of a deal that will spare her jail time. The 33-year-old also sent photos of herself coming out of the shower and only in a bra to two other students, according to court documents. McDonough will have to complete a pre-trial intervention program and her charges will be dismissed.

Feb. 16 FRANKLIN — A 26-year-old New Brunswick man was injured in a shooting in the Somerset section of town. The victim was shot once in his hand and in his torso. He was driven to an unnamed local hospital by a friend and police confirmed his connection to the scene with blood from the scene. Authorities are asking for any information about the incident. 

Feb. 16 MANSFIELD — A Trenton teen, who escaped from Mount Holly police moments earlier, was pulled over by a Mansfield police officer in a stolen car. The vehicle was driving down Route 206, and the officer was able to confirm with the dispatcher that the car was stolen. The teen was booked and then released to his parents under house arrest.

Feb. 16 BRANCHBURG — Ezra Simon-Daniels, 20, was charged with two counts of murder in the bludgeoning deaths of his grandparents. He is accused of beating Louis Simon, 68, and Beatrice Simon, 65 to death with a baseball bat. Simon-Daniels is currently being held in Somerset County Jail on $2 million bail.