Stay in shape for good this winter
Feeling the cold, while still needing to feel the burn? No worries — we're going to be your personal gym buddy and give you some tips on how to stay in shape during this brutally cold winter.
1. Diet — Put down the pork roll sandwich and reach for a salad instead. I’m sure you've heard countless times that you are what you eat. Stop eating that “all natural” fried chicken and grab some fruit.
2. Dance — Dance like no one is watching, even if people are watching. This is something yours truly does for her own roommates. In particular, my song of choice is "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy. Listen to it and burn some calories. Even if you don’t feel like dancing, this song will get you up and moving.
3. Meditation — This is something many people overlook, but the key to a healthy body is a healthy mind. Take some time out of your day to get fit emotionally, and soon you will be able to conquer the cold and the world.
4. Online Workout Videos — This way, you literally have no excuse to not workout. Just do it in your room!
5. Make Dinner Inside — Cooking inside is healthier than any dining hall food, so get active by cooking with friends and be healthy with your choices!
6. Get Active — Play some sort of game with your roommates or friends to get the heart pumping.
7. Laugh — Laughing burns calories, so remember this as you laugh at those poor souls walking to classes on your day off.
8. Yoga — I know I already said meditation, but this is an extension of that. While taking those deep breaths, work those muscles for a relaxing calorie burn.
9. Cut Out the Sugar — I know I talked about how you are what you eat, but consider what you drink. To put it simply, just drink water.
10. Go Outside — I know this is a list all about what you can do to stay healthy indoors, but walking to your local recreational center isn’t that tough. Get off your lazy college butt and work up a sweat at an indoor gym. You will be proud of yourself once you are finished with your workout.