Crime Blotter | March 2, 2016

March 1 NEWARK — Catanzaro and Sons Enterprise, or CATCO Demolition Services, has been reported for not taking down the United Airlines Hangar No. 14 at Newark airport according to plan. On Feb. 24, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued a citation because, according to OSHA, several cuts to I-beams were unapproved. CATCO is aware of the investigation being down on its demolition, but has not received a citation yet, Veronica Catanzaro, of CATCO, said.

March 1 CAMDEN — Noemi Pender, 57, pleaded guilty to her role in a conspiracy to boost business. She was charged with one count of conspiring to aid and assist others preparing false tax returns. From 2007 to 2011, her tax preparation company, Pender Tax Services, was attempting to "increase referrals, enhance their business, and enrich themselves by preparing and filing income tax returns based on false information," officials said. 

March 1 EAST BRUNSWICK — Just Pups, a pet store, had 267 animal cruelty charges filed against the owner. Investigators found that Vincent LoSacco, 50, had exposed several dogs to illness in the store and found three dogs being kept in a freezer. The Officers with the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NJSPCA) filed the complaint. Just Pups has closed because of a restraining order.