Crime Blotter | March 7, 2016

crime_blotter

March 6 HOBOKEN — Christopher Smallwood, 24, of Warminster, Pa., allegedly assaulted two police officers at the city's annual Leprechaun event. After a separate altercation in a McDonald's, Sgt. Steve Aguiar and Detective Christine Collins, attempted to confront Smallwood, said Hoboken Police Chief Ken Ferrante in a statement. The former Delaware Valley University running back broke three of the sergeant's ribs and dislocated the detective's shoulder. Smallwood was 1 of 15 people arrested at the Leprechaun event. 

March 6 CARNEYS POINT TWP. — Prescription drugs were stolen from a North Virginia Avenue home last Wednesday at about 4 p.m., and Salem County authorities are continuing to investigate. The culprits of the break-in and theft left with one bottle of Xanax.

March 6 PHILADELPHIA — Three seniors from Conestoga High School's football team allegedly assaulted a 14-year-old freshman boy with a broom handle. The 17-year-old boys have been charged with penetrating the underclassman, according to reports. The incident was part of an unofficial school event called "No Gay Thursday," a traditional hazing event for the team that includes "sexually explicit" or "sexually suggestive" acts being done to younger students. The three seniors will be charged as juveniles for assault, conspiracy, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats and other offenses, according to reports. They will not face sexual assault charges because the law requires a motive of "sexual gratification" for the act, officials said.