Crime Blotter | March 9, 2016

crime_blotter

March 8 NEWARK — Bernard Greenspan, 78, was charged with taking more than $200,000 in bribes in exchange for sending his laboratory tests to a specific Parsippany test site, according to court records. Greenspan's attorney denies all of the allegations. But 39 others involved in the case have already pleaded guilty. The 78-year-old is now facing a 10-year indictment. 

March 8 CARNEYS POINT TWP. — State Police chased a stolen car down the New Jersey Turnpike and were able to break it off in Salem County. The silver Buick Lucerne was reported stolen in Maryland and was spotted traveling south in the Garden State. The Buick was traveling more then 100 miles per hour, according to scanner reports. The car was stopped at Interchange 1 in Carneys Point just before the toll plaza, police said.

March 8 NEW YORK CITY — A Daniel Rijos, a homeless man, allegedly punched and threatened to kill another man while saying anti-gay slurs on an NJ Transit bus coming from New Jersey into New York on Monday evening. Witnesses from the bus responded by informing Port Authority police officers about the incident when they arrived at the terminal and the 230-pound homeless man repeated his slurs to the Port Authority officer that came to the scene. The 28-year-old victim was taken to a hospital to treat his injuries. Rijos also had pre-existing outstanding warrants on separate charges of robbery.