October 22, 2018 | ° F

Local activities to do during spring break

ibactivitieschloe

Staying in New Brunswick this spring break? There’s plenty to do here on the Banks of the Old Raritan. From exploring lovely gardens to touring museums, you will never feel homesick. Here’s a list of fun activities you can do with your friends when spending a week in New Brunswick.

Go to the Rutgers Gardens

Rutgers Gardens is the perfect place to go to relax and enjoy the beautiful New Brunswick scenery! Throughout the week, there will be classes held here on how to start and care for your own garden, as well as there being plants and materials for sale. In addition, there will be a Winter Farm Market open next week where you can enjoy some locally produced and prepared products!

Go to Johnson Park

Located literally on the Banks in Piscataway, Johnson Park, is extremely popular and filled with activities. If you’re looking to enjoy the beautiful spring weather, bring a friend and enjoy everything from the picnic groves to the sports fields, or go for a run along the path!

Shop at Finale

Need some new clothes to refurbish your spring wardrobe? Shop at Finale, located on Albany Street in New Brunswick! They always have amazing deals on cute clothing that are perfect for the upcoming warm weather. All the clothing, shoes and jewelry they carry are unique, so you’ll find your friends saying to you: “Cute top! Where can I get it from?”

Tour Zimmerli Museum

Zimmerli Museum, on Hamilton Street, is ideal to go to next week in the case of poor weather, or if you’re looking to bring out your artistic side. The Drawing Society will be there Saturday, March 19th, and will be offering artists — from children to advanced adults — the opportunity to draw for the museum’s drawing collection.

Feast at Tacoria

Have a craving for tacos? Go feast at Tacoria! This new restaurant located on Easton Avenue has become a favorite among many Rutgers students. From hand crafted tacos to burrito boxes, this restaurant has any Mexican dish you could think of. Satisfy your hunger with some friends and feast on some chips and guac!

Meghan Lloyd