Crime Blotter | April 27, 2016

crime_blotter

April 26 NEWARK — Alexis Carthens admitted in federal court to selling fake driver's licenses for $150 each. She pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit fraud in connection with authentication features and one count of conspiracy to defraud the government. Abraham Corcino and Ricardo Rosario, both of Jersey City, also helped operate the illegal businesses with the domain names "fakeidstore.co" and "fakedlstore.com." Buyers paid for their fake identification cards with the virtual currency, bitcoin, or prepaid payment cards.The defendants now face a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. 

April 26 NEWARK — Jason Megariotis, 35, of Paterson, was arrested after trying to bring a loaded gun through security at Newark Liberty International Airport. On his way to a flight to Aruba, a Transportation Security Administration agent found a .32 caliber handgun, with five hollow-point bullets and one in the chamber, tucked into his backpack. Megariotis was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and was released on $30,000 bail.

April 26 GLOUCESTER TWP. — Alleged shoplifters stole more then $5,000 in merchandise from the Gap store. The men took out large, white Bed, Bath & Beyond tote bags, and then filled the them with merchandise. The police are now looking for them, and anyone with any information should call the police department's anonymous crime tip line at (856) 842-5560.