Crime Blotter | April 28, 2016

crime_blotter

April 27 LIVINGSTON — A sheep got loose from his owner's home twice in the last week. The sheep escaped on Tuesday and again on Wednesday, said Livingston Sgt. John Hickey. Police said on their Facebook page that the call "will go in the books as a first for us!" The goat was bought for a celebration of Greek Easter, but the owner is now considering bringing the goat to a local zoo.

April 27 JERSEY CITY — It was revealed that Oscar Sanchez, 45, had $12,000 in EZ Pass violations after he was pulled over for not paying a toll at the Holland Tunnel. Sanchez was driving a 2001 Mercedes Benz SL500 without a front license plate. He had more than 200 counts of EZ Pass toll evasion. Sanchez was charged with theft of service, operating a vehicle while having a suspended license and having no front license plate. Sanchez had his car impounded.

April 27 VINELAND — A wanted woman from Newark, Silina L. Wright, 29, has been located in West Virginia after being charged with aggravated assault. Wright was apprehended by the United States Marshall's Task Force after she was found to be involved with the stabbing of a woman. When authorities responded to the stabbing, which occurred on April 5, they also found an unidentified man holding a second woman at gunpoint. A reward of $1,000 is being offered for the identification of the man.