Rutgers police investigating burglary at George Street office

screen_shot_20160712_at_83758_am

The Rutgers University Police Department is investigating a burglary which occurred at Liberty Plaza on George Street over the weekend.

In the incident, the burglars forced their way into a locked office suite sometime between 5 p.m. on July 8 and 7:30 a.m. on July 11, said Detective Lieutenant Brian Emmett in an email to the Rutgers community. The perpetrator removed several items of value.

At the time of the burglary, the office was not occupied.

The office, which is located at 335 George Street in New Brunswick, is home to the Rutgers Office of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel— a department composed of a staff of attorneys responsible for addressing legal issues surrounding the University. 

But Greg Trevor, University spokesman, told the Patch that no Rutgers offices were affected in the robbery. 

Rutgers police are asking that anyone with information, or who may have been in the area at the time, contact the Rutgers Police Department Detective Bureau at 848-932-8025.

Avalon Zoppo is the managing editor of The Daily Targum. She is a School of Arts and Sciences sophomore majoring in political science. Follow her on Twitter @AvalonZoppo for more stories.

Avalon Zoppo