Hospital discharges Rutgers stabbing victim

A victim of the on-campus stabbing in the Rutgers Business School was released earlier this weekend from Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, NJ Advance Media reported. 

Hospital spokesman Peter Haigney told NJ Advance Media the two remaining patients who are still hospitalized are in "fair condition." 

Because of privacy laws, it is unclear which patient was released, but New Jersey 101.5 reports the faculty member and the stabbing suspect remain in the hospital. The student has been released.

The suspect, former Rutgers Business School student Joshua S. Thompson, was charged with stabbing the professor and student in the business school on Livingston campus on Nov. 4. His motives are still unknown and no court hearing has been scheduled, according to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office.

Thompson has been charged with two counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and unlawful possession of a weapon. 

The three victims of the Nov. 4 stabbing were all in critical condition following the incident. 

Sophie Nieto-Munoz is a School of Arts and Sciences senior majoring in journalism and media studies and Italian. She is an associate news editor for The Daily Targum. You can find her on Twitter @snietomunoz for more.

Sophie Nieto-Munoz