Inhale jazzy looking pizza at this Brooklyn-based pizza shack

ibandrewdeuriante

Bread, cheese, sauce — oh, sorry — I was daydreaming about the jazzy za’ I inhaled earlier. What is za’ you ask? Za’ is the hip way to say pizza in my eyes, and there’s nothing more hip than the new Krispy Pizza that opened up at The Yard.

This place came in clutch after a stressful morning. I was walking in a down pour with only one eye open and there it was, waiting for me. I instantly woke up — seeing pizza shacks is my form of caffeine. 

When I stepped inside this pizza sanctuary, I knew I was in my kind of place. Buffalo chicken, barbecue chicken, vodka sauce and mac-and-cheese pizza were just a few displayed in their "eyegasmic" window display. You name it — they got it.

It was only 11 a.m and there was already a full house, so I'm clearly not the only one who enjoys downing pizza mid-morning. 

It took me about 10 minutes to make a decision while hearing “Hi, can I help you” and “Were you waited on yet?” Now, that’s some fine customer service if you ask me.

It was a long, difficult decision, but I ultimately went with the "Cheesesteak Pizza." Choosing the kind of pizza you want takes some strenuous thinking.

There was unfortunately no time to shove this pizza in my mouth in that moment in time — I had to head back to my sweet pad to do homework. I should email my professors and tell them they are holding me up from eating pizza — maybe they'll give me an A to compensate for the damages. 

One bus ride later and an annoying walk home in a monsoon, my pizza bag was drenched. I mentally lit a candle in my head and said a couple prayers on my way up the stairs hoping my pizza survived.

I immediately ripped off the wet bag and there it was —my sexy slice still perfectly intact. Is it wrong to think pizza is sexy? Nah, I’m sure I’m not the only one who is hot and bothered by that aesthetically pleasing triangle.

I nuked it real quick then finally took a bite of the Italian delicacy. Want to know how good it was? Every time I took a bite I’m pretty sure I whispered "lit" under my breath — that should tell you.

Sauce is very important when it comes to pizza. I’ll give the slice three stars in that department. Don't get me wrong and think I'm being salty. The sauce tasted superb, but there just wasn’t enough. Maybe it's just me — what can I say, I'm a saucy kind of a girl. The crust had a perfect “krispy” consistency — now I know where the restaurant's name came from. 

The cheese was melty in all the right places. There was both cheddar and mozzarella — now these pizza people know how to please. Thin, cut up pieces of steak were embedded underneath the big pile of gooey cholesterol. Potentially getting high cholesterol is always worth it when it comes to pizza. There was also some green peppers and onions sprinkled on top to add a nice touch.

All this pizza talk is making me antsy — be right back, going to go order some za'.

Nicolette Accardi