Scarlet-style New Year Resolutions
Love them or loathe them, there’s an undeniable virtue in New Year’s resolutions. The promise of a new year makes us want to become smarter, funnier and happier versions of ourselves. With the fresh slate of a new semester and January chill in the air, now is the time to pursue what you “really” want. Whatever your personal goals may be, they won’t loom large if you’ve got a good game plan. If you’re still feeling a little lost, Inside Beat is here to the rescue with a foolproof guide on how to make 2017 yours, Rutgers style.
Get in shape
- Rock climb at the College Avenue gym.
- Go to a free Flex Pass class — bonus points if you drag a friend along.
- Skip the bus and walk to class, even if that means trekking between two campuses.
Go on a date
- Grab dinner at the Rutgers Club – the price is great at $2 and a meal swipe for a delicious buffet style feast.
- Stargaze at the Busch astronomical observatory, Thursday evenings at 9 o’clock.
- Walk around the Zimmerli Art Museum or see a play at Mason Gross.
Try something new
- Sign up for Greek recruitment — spring semester is an awesome time to go for it!
- Commit to achieving the ever-elusive 4.0.
- Go to Academic Services to make sure all of your scholarly plans are on track, and then head to Career Services to explore internship opportunities. Not only do you have room in your schedule for these meetings, but it’s also add/drop week if you need to move classes around.
Give back to the community
- Sign up for Dance Marathon.
- Join Alternative Breaks, Companion Animal Club or Seeing Eye Puppy Club.
- Volunteer at Elijah’s Promise Soup Kitchen.