Spring Involvement Fair to be replaced with Greek Involvement Fair

involvementfaircourtesy

Rutgers.edu | The Spring Involvement Fair is being replaced with a Greek Involvement Fair based on student interest. The Greek Involvement Fair will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 18.

The Spring Involvement Fair, which was previously scheduled for Jan. 16, is being replaced by a Greek Involvement Fair on Jan. 18.

Jeffrey Tolvin, the director of University News and Media Relations, said the original fair was replaced based on student interest and attendance over the past several years.

"Primary attendance has been from students seeking to learn about fraternities and sororities prior to the start of spring recruitment," he said in an e-mail. 

There will be more than 85 chapters participating in the Greek Involvement Fair, which will start at 7 p.m. in the College Avenue Student Center, he said.

"Students will have the opportunity to meet members and learn about individual chapters," he said. 

Tolvin encourages students interested in learning about student organization or sports clubs to use an online resource such as getInvolved.

"This resource allows students to search for an organization by name or thematic area or allow the system to suggest possible organizations based on interest," he said.

Editor's Note: A previous version of this article said that the Spring Involvement Fair was cancelled due to a lack of funding from the Rutgers University Student Assembly's Allocation Board. The article was updated with information from University News and Media Relations.

Minna Kim is an Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy first-year student. She is a staff writer for The Daily Targum.

Alexandra DeMatos

ad1049@scarletmail.rutgers.edu

Alexandra DeMatos is the editor-in-chief of The Daily Targum. She is a senior, majoring in journalism and media studies. Follow her on Twitter @DeMatosA for more. 

Minna Kim