July 18, 2018 | ° F

College Avenue Starbucks expected to reopen by Friday

starbucksjeffrey

The contractual dispute that led the Starbucks at The Yard @ College Avenue to close on Jan. 20 has reportedly been resolved. The business expects to reopen by Friday once a new shipment of ingredients arrives.

The Starbucks on the College Avenue campus is expected to reopen by Friday after closing its doors for nearly three weeks.

“We have been advised by Starbucks that they are in the process of shipping product and hope to be open by the end of the week,” said Christopher Paladino, president of the New Brunswick Development Corporation (DEVCO).

The initial closure on Jan. 20 resulted from a contractual conflict between Starbucks and DEVCO, the company that owns and operates The Yard, according to the The Daily Targum.

Starbucks revoked the operating license for the branch, Paladino said.

On Tuesday, in an email to the Targum, Paladino said he anticipates “the original operator will continue to operate under the original license.”

The branch encountered immediate success upon opening for business last December, according to TAPInto New Brunswick. Paladino said the numbers were high and his company knew early on that they would resolve the situation with Starbucks.

When business resumes, the location will be open from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. from Sunday to Thursday, and 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

“I fully expect to be swinging by The Yard for my morning coffee on Monday morning,” Paladino said.

Kira Herzog