Turn your heart scarlet with dates that can only happen at RU

screen_shot_20170213_at_93404_pm

It’s Feb. 14, and love is drifting through the air off the ol’ Raritan. So if you have a special someone, a good friend or you’re in a treat yo’ self mood, let your heart turn scarlet and try these date night ideas that can only happen when you’re on the Banks.

Easton Avenue

If you and your S.O. crave the rush and excitement of New York City and can’t get away mid-week, Easton Avenue is the next best thing.

Be daring and try a new restaurant from the many, many on the block. Want an Asian type of meal? Hit up Noodle Gourmet, Edo or KBG. If you’re looking to recreate the scene from “Lady and the Tramp” with some Italian, then PJ’s, Giovanneli’s and Paulie’s are at your service. Or you can keep it simple and go to Hidden Grounds for a latte or a blended ice cream from Thomas Sweet.

Passion Puddle

Passion Puddle is the gem of the Cook/Douglass campus. Bring some food and have a little picnic together, sit at one of the benches and chat, skip rocks or walk around.

An old legend is that if you and your significant other go around the puddle three times, you will be together forever. Passion Puddle is right next to the Red Oak Lane bus stop, and the fountain lights up at night, so if the mood is right, secure some good Valentine’s Day juju.

RU Cinema

Looking to catch the latest release? Head on over to Livingston campus. Tickets are way cheaper than at your local AMC Theater. Just show your Rutgers ID, split some popcorn, lounge out in comfortable leather seats and enjoy your movie.

Zimmerli Art Museum

All you art fanatics will definitely enjoy this one. Admire the collections, paintings and sculptures at one of the best college art museums with your partner. Trade off between admiring the art and your partner. The special exhibitions change every semester, so use this special day to seize the moment.

Georgette Stillman