Stabbing victim dead after off-campus altercation, RUPD says

crime_blotter

Three New Brunswick residents have been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of Enrique Perez Galindo, 29, early Saturday morning, according to the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD).

Manuel Maldonado, 20, Jose David Vasquez-Rivera, 18 and Xavier Sanchez-Parral, 18 were arrested on Sunday and have been charged in connection with Perez Galindo's murder, according to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office.

Around 2:30 a.m. on Saturday on Hamilton Street between Woodbridge and Bridge Streets, Perez Galindo, was approached by three men who demanded personal property outside of his home,  according toTAPinto.

The victim was then stabbed by a sharp object, according to RUPD. Perez Galindo was treated by first responders on the scene but died from his injuries.

It is unclear whether he was killed by one person or a group, according to TAPinto.

About an hour earlier, two non-affiliated individuals sustained non-life threatening gunshot wounds at Church Street and Spring Street in Downtown New Brunswick, according to RUPD.

The descriptions of the perpetrators of the shooting are still limited at this time, according to RUPD.

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) asks that anyone with information contacts the New Brunswick Police Department Detective Bureau at 732-745-5217.

Editor's Note: This article has been updated to include information from the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office and the Rutgers University Police Department.

Alexandra DeMatos

ad1049@scarletmail.rutgers.edu