Car chase takes place adjacent to College Avenue

carchasejeffrey

A man reportedly stole a taxi cab outside of the New Brunswick train station, leading to a car chase that moved down Easton Avenue and towards Franklin Township, according to TAPinto.

Over the weekend, a car chase took place in New Brunswick, cutting through Easton Avenue, according to TAPinto.

Nicholas Visco allegedly stole a yellow cab from the taxi stand on Somerset Street, according to the site. The vehicle was running and left unattended at the time it was stolen.

Visco drove the vehicle onto Easton Avenue toward Franklin Township, where police saw the cab and attempted to pull him over. Visco allegedly continued to drive, leading New Brunswick police into a car chase, according to TAPinto

Visco eventually crashed the cab at the intersection of Easton Avenue and Willow Street in Somerset, where police made the arrest.

He has been charged with resisting arrest, eluding police officers and theft, among other offenses according to the article. 

Visco was reportedly transported to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital where he was treated for non-serious injuries.

The Rutgers University Police Department and the New Brunswick Police Department were unavailable for comment by print time. 

Chloe Dopico is a School of Arts and Sciences sophomore majoring in political science and journalism and media studies. She is the Associate News Editor for The Daily Targum. Follow her on Twitter @ChloeDopico for more.

Chloe Dopico

chloedopico@gmail.com

Chloe Dopico is an associate news editor at The Daily Targum. She is double majoring in political science and journalism and media studies. Follow her on Twitter @ChloeDopico for more.