Rutgers Football Training Camp Notes and Gallery

Rutgers hit the field for its second practice of the summer in front of the media on Friday morning. Here are some notes and observations from the one hour period.

Ahmir Mitchell, redshirt freshman wide receiver who is recovering from a torn ACL suffered in Spring practice, once again wore a green non-contact jersey. However, he had nothing on his knee for support and took part in running, shuffling and change-of-direction drills while showing no signs of injury.

With senior running back Robert Martin III not a full go for contact drills, sophomore Trey Sneed took his spot with the first-team offense in full contact offensive sets. Graduate transfer Gus Edwards ran with the second team, while senior Josh Hicks has seen his reps go down.

With sophomore Tyreek Maddox-Williams out for the season with a torn ACL, competition has intensified for the starting strongside linebacker spot. Today, junior Eric Margolis took first-team reps at the position.

Junior Giovanni Rescigno once again ran the first-team offense, with graduate transfer Kyle Bolin running with the second team, the same order as Monday.

On the defensive line, Rutgers went with a new look, moving junior Kevin Wilkins over to defensive end, joining senior Sebastian Joseph, junior Jon Bateky and senior Kemoko Turay to make up the first-team unit.

The other players in green non-contact jerseys were freshman defensive end Tijuan Mason, junior wide receiver Cole Murphy, freshman wide receiver Shameen Jones and redshirt freshman defensive back Larry Stevens.

For updates on the Rutgers football team, follow @TargumSports and @griffinwhitmer on Twitter.

Griffin Whitmer