Rutgers student reports sexual assault in Mettler Residence Hall

The Rutgers-affiliated victim told authorities that she was sitting in her dormitory room in Mettler Hall when the perpetrator entered the room and tried to kiss her while "touching her groin and chest." This allegedly occurred around 4:30 p.m. last Friday and the police investigation is ongoing. – Photo by Photo by Dimitri Rodriguez | The Daily Targum

Rutgers authorities are currently investigating an act of “criminal sexual contact” that was reported around 4:30 p.m. last Friday in the Mettler Residence Hall on College Avenue.

According to the crime alert, “the victim reported that, while sitting in her residence room with the door open, an unknown male entered the room and began to kiss her while also touching her chest and groin over her clothing.”

The victim told authorities that she was able to successfully distance herself from the perpetrator, who is described in the crime alert as a “thin, college-aged white male, with blonde hair.” She then demanded that he leave the vicinity and he complied.

No injuries were sustained as a result of the incident and the police are currently looking for more information.

This is a developing story. The Daily Targum will update it as soon as more information becomes available.