June 22, 2018 | ° F

Fire at Shell gas station on Easton Avenue


IMG_4342
Photo by Christian Zapata |

A small fire caused by a faulty heating unit at Shell gas station on Easton Avenue was quickly assessed by the New Brunswick Fire Department before any further damages occur. 


At approximately 1 p.m., there was a minor fire at Shell gas station on Easton Avenue. The New Brunswick Fire Department (NBFD), the New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) and emergency medical services were found at the scene.

A malfunction in the building’s heating unit, which ventilates through the roof, radiated from the smoke staff chimney and started a fire in the surrounding wood, said Dean Wournell, deputy chief of the NBFD.

“Everything is under control,” he said.

Wournell said the NBPD would further investigate the situation before leaving the scene of the incident. 


Christian Zapata

News@dailytargum.com

Christian Zapata is a School of Arts and Sciences junior majoring in journalism and media studies and minoring in philosophy. He is the News Editor @ The Daily Targum. 




Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Targum.