Police raid off-campus house at Rutgers, find imitation firearms

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 8.53.01 PM
Photo by Google Maps |

Following a court approved search warrant, local police officers entered a home on Sicard Street this Saturday and found two imitation firearms — one resembled an assault rifle and the other resembled a handgun. No charges have been filed. 

On Saturday afternoon, police executed a court-approved search warrant at a home on Sicard Street, directly behind the College Avenue Student Center, following information about possible assault weapons on the premises. 

“The New Brunswick Police Department, in conjunction with the Rutgers University Police Department and the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office followed up on information received from individuals who attended a party at the house earlier in the day,” according to a press release from the New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD). 

The search turned up two imitation firearms — one resembled an assault rifle and the other resembled a handgun.

No charges have been filed against any of the residents at this moment, according to the press release. This investigation is ongoing. 

Christian Zapata

News@dailytargum.com

Christian Zapata is a School of Arts and Sciences junior majoring in journalism and media studies and minoring in philosophy. He is the News Editor @ The Daily Targum.