June 26, 2019 | 72° F

Aminé announced as this year's Beats on the Bank performance

amine-flickr
Photo by Flickr |

Aminé started his music career in 2014 with the release of his debut mixtape, “Odyssey to Me.” The rapper made waves with his 2017 chart-topping single, “Caroline” and will be performing at this year’s Beats on the Banks on Nov. 2 in the College Avenue Gymnasium.

The Rutgers University Programming Association (RUPA) announced that Aminé will be the artist featured at this year’s Beats on the Banks festival.

Beats on the Bank is scheduled for Nov. 2 from 8 to 11 p.m. in the College Avenue Gymnasium. Tickets go on sale on Oct. 16 at 2 p.m., according to the event page. They can be purchased on the Rutgers Get Involved page.

Adam Daniel, commonly known by his stage name Aminé, is most famous for his debut single "Caroline," which peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and in June 2017 was three-times certified platinum. 

His second album and most recent full-length project, "OnePointFive," was released in August 2018 and features guest appearances by G Herbo, Gunna and Rico Nasty. In July 2017, the rapper issued his debut studio album, "Good for You," with such guests as Ty Dolla $ign, Offset and Kehlani.

Aminé was born in Portland to Ethiopian migrant parents, according to the page. Using his middle name Aminé, his music career began after the release of his debut mixtape, "Odyssey to Me," in 2014.

“Inspired by everyone from OutKast to Kanye West, Aminé delivers clever, whimsical hip-hop with coming-of-age themes,” organizers said according to the event page.

Ryan Stiesi