Innovative celebrity makeup artists, stylists to follow on Instagram

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 5.45.38 PM
Photo by Instagram |

In the age of Instagram, exposure to creativity and talent comes easily. Our discover pages are filled with everything we’re interested in, whether it be cute videos of puppies or Buzzfeed Tasty videos that we may never try to recreate. Instagram has become the best platform for showcasing beauty and talent through photo and video features. Celebrity makeup artists, hairstylists and stylists are thriving on Instagram, so if you need some inspiration, give these experts a follow. 

Hair

Jen Atkin

A household name when it comes to hair, Jen Atkin has created a massive following on Instagram. For the few that don’t recognize this name, she's the reason why the Kardashian-Jenner family never has a strand of hair on their heads out of place. Being their longtime hairstylist, Atkin has dominated the hair industry. You can check out all the sleek ponytails, beach waves and everything in-between on her Instagram. Aside from being one of the most famous celebrity hairstylists, she created her own hair care line as well. She combined great scents, chic packaging and realistic hair goals, proving that you don’t have to be a master to have Instagram-worthy hair. 

Kristin Ess

Kristin Ess, with a client roster including Lucy Hale, Jenna Dewan and Lauren Conrad, isn't a hairstylist you want to overlook. Her Instagram is filled with perfect beach waves and cute hair accessories. She has super practical products like dry shampoo and curl crème, along with some that are a little more fun, like rose gold tint spray. The best part? They’re all cruelty-free and affordable. She expanded her line by launching appliances earlier this month and innovation was the name of the game. She solved the age-old problem of having your arm get too tired while using a curling wand by creating one that pivots

Makeup

Charlotte Tilbury 

Charlotte Tilbury has a successful cosmetics line for a reason. All of her products represent the feeling of luxury, whether it be a highlighter reminiscent of gold or a “magic cream” moisturizer. Her Instagram showcases a mixture of her makeup products, looks and easy tutorials. Tilbury was busy this month, as she did makeup for models in the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. She gave the angels stunning looks that were as gorgeous as their wings. With all of this expertise, she's the perfect person to be a Contributing Beauty Editor at British Vogue. 

Patrick Ta

Instagram brought on the breakthrough of men excelling in makeup, and by just taking a look at Patrick Ta’s Instagram, we completely understand why. The breathtaking faces of Shay Mitchell, Olivia Munn and Vanessa Hudgens showcase Ta’s skills in seamlessly blending eyeshadow and creating a smooth and pore-less canvas. Many of his looks are classic and doable for every day, providing us with a lot of inspiration for our own looks. He's a global color artist for Shiseido, a position for beauty experts to promote and educate followers with their latest tips, tutorials and products. 

Fashion

Mikiel Benyamin 

Also known as Maikeeb, Mikiel Benyamin has created a name for himself in the fashion industry and his Instagram is the perfect place to see his work with his clients. Cardi B, Bella Thorne, Keke Palmer and Dascha Polanco are just a few of his stylish clients. He can style celebrities depending on their own taste and the kind of event, ranging from edgy street style to glamorous red carpet looks. If you’re looking for any style inspiration, he definitely has something for you. His attention to detail and passion for styling landed his celebrity clients on the best-dressed list in Vogue, Elle, Vanity Fair and Teen Vogue. 

Monica Rose

We all know that the Kardashian-Jenner family dominates street style, and we can thank Monica Rose for that. Pre-Kanye West era, Rose worked with Kim, Khloe and Kourtney for almost a decade and she brought out drool-worthy clothing. Kendall Jenner’s off-duty model looks are her doing as well. Moving on from the Kardashian-Jenners, she now works with other beauties, including Chrissy Teigen, Shay Mitchell and Sofia Richie. Her Instagram is filled with both red carpet and street style. Most important on her client roster are her two adorable kids, whose styles might be cooler than ours.

Leona Juan