By Lee Seltzer

Recent Articles:

What’s in your wallet?

For my next two columns, I am going to be explaining something that has probably bored and confused you to no end: money. I mean I know it did — until ...

Some fads are foolish

In our society, there’s always a new fad popping up, and an old fad fading away. Nowadays, that fad seems to be the Harlem Shake. I will try my best ...

Give fast food a chance

If you know me on any level beyond reading my bi-weekly columns, it probably comes as no surprise that I enjoy eating poorly.  I have embraced many traditions ...

Shooting teaches lesson

It was a Thursday night like any Thursday night. I just got home from work, and I see my housemate walk into the house frantically. Apparently, he tapped ...

Why the debate needs to evolve

The stated purpose of debates, in terms of elections, is fairly straightforward: to give the voters an opportunity to hear what the candidates have to ...

Make the most of summer

As the school year is ending, many of us are preparing to get into a new routine over the summer. Some people have jobs lined up, others internships, ...

Respect University athletes

After three years as a student in the School of Arts and Sciences Honors Program and two years living in Brett Hall, I’ve encountered more than a fair ...

Pair students more effectively

In the March 6 column titled “Public Rushes to Judgment” published in The Daily Targum, the author built a case that the public has been unintelligibly ...

Applaud birth control policy

To many Americans on all ends of the political spectrum, Obama’s presidency has been disappointing. To Republicans, many of his actions stand at direct ...

Return of the 24-hour diner

Normally, I like to discuss controversial and far-reaching political issues. However, as much as I enjoyed the excitement surrounding my previous column, ...

Irrationality bolsters homophobia

Typically, I try to make my bi-weekly column about large-scale issues because I want to make it something that everyone can relate to. However, on Thanksgiving, ...

Cain’s comments hold no water

The race card is used exceptionally often in politics. Don’t get me wrong — sometimes I think claims regarding racist policy are legitimate. However, ...

See agenda behind criticism

As I was studying for an exam in my class on Jewish-American history last Tuesday night, I received an email from my mom. Appropriately, this email contained ...

More Articles