Camilo Montoya-Galvez

Recent Articles:

More Articles

Recent Media:

The municipal ID program, which launched this week, offers identification to residents that can be used in city buildings, schools and police departments. 

With 500 undocumented students enrolled at Rutgers, the recently-announced repeal of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Act (DACA) could have significant repercussions at Rutgers. The University's president and chancellor have both issued statements condemning the president's choice to terminate the program.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Targum, Congressman Frank Pallone (D-N.J) talked about the upcoming gubernatorial elections in the context of today’s national political climate. Pallone is currently serving his 15th term in the House of Representatives.

A Rutgers Center for State Health Policy poll found disparities with neighborhood satisfaction based on race and income.

At a New Brunswick food pantry, rapidly declining attendance has become a source of concern for organizers. In the last few months alone, more than 50 families suddenly stopped showing up.

United Muslim Relief held a volleyball game in the College Avenue Gymnasium over the weekend to provide food, water, healthcare and housing to Syrian refugees.

An estimated 750,000 individuals in the United States are under protection from deportation by the DACA act, and 450 attending Rutgers. Under the new administrations, students are concerned that DACA will be repealed and they will be subject to deportation.

Jennifer Bradshaw, the public information officer for New Brunswick noted that the city was built up immigrants, but that the police department would still adhere to all policies set forth by local and federal governments.

David Robinson (above) is the state climatologist of New Jersey, and a Rutgers professor. He said the climate change debate essentially boils down to political alignments, economics and religion. 

Eddy Iturbide, left, Carimer Andujar and Sergio Abreu started a group, UndocuRutgers, to help undocumented immigrants who need help with their time on campus.

The New Brunswick Free Public Library hosts accessible programs for city residents. Several of these programs are aimed at children.

Several young men and women from various African nations visited Rutgers to learn leadership skills as part of a State Department fellowship program.

The family of German-Nieto Cruz, a 21-year-old New Brunswick man who was arrested during an immigration raid in January, reflects on that night. Left to right: Maria Aguilar, Alexandra Nieto-Cruz, Emma Cruz and Antonino Nieto.

The Rutgers chapter of the American String Teachers Association works with New Brunswick High School students every week to teach them music.

Students prayed during the weekly service hosted by Rutgers Jumu’ah. This past Friday, the group also had their “bring a friend” day, which occurs once a semester and lets non-Muslims learn more about the religion.

The New Brunswick Free Public Library hosts an “English as a Second Language” program where Rutgers students and other members of the city community teach immigrants the English langauge several times a week.

Maria Espinal, one of the custodians at Alexander Library on College Avenue campus, has worked at Rutgers for 15 years. Her daughter attended the University, graduating in 2002.

More Media