Jennifer Miguel-HelLman

Recent Media:

Senior swimmer Trisha Averill and the Knights compete at the Big East Championships through the weekend, capping off their divers’ third-place finish to begin the conference finale.

Sophomore 125-pounder Vincent Dellefave jockeys for position Jan. 22, when he took on Aaron Kalil of Navy. He meets No. 4 Nic Bedelyon from Kent State on Saturday.

Rutgers freshmen Derrick Randall (15)?and Myles Mack welcome former Paterson Catholic teammates Fuquan Edwin (23)?and Jordan Theodore to Piscataway tonight, when they wear opposing jerseys for the first time. Mack’s and Theodore’s parents still speak regularly despite being on opposite sides of New Jersey’s rivalry. All four are starters.

Freshman guard Eli?Carter drives to the rim Jan. 28 against Cincinnati. Carter scored 24 points Saturday in the Scarlet Knights’ loss at Louisville, his best output in Big East play. The defeat dropped Rutgers to 1-4 in its last five conference games.

Freshman guard Eli Carter drives Jan. 28 as?Cincinnati guard Sean?Kilpatrick defends. Carter, one of the bright spots this year, leads the Knights with 14.1 points.

Senior captain Trisha Averill, who owns Rutgers’ school record in the 200-yard breaststroke, is one of many swimmers who endorse head coach Phil Spiniello’s energetic coaching style. With swimmers like Averill, Spiniello guided the Scarlet Knights to seven more wins in his second season.

The “MFA Thesis Exhibition 1” presents students’ work until Feb. 13 at the Civic Square in downtown New Brunswick.

Joelle Zerillo, left, shares information about a trip to Costa Rica energy plants last night during an environmental discussion at the Douglass Campus Center.

Senior forward April Sykes leads the Knights in scoring with 14.3 points per game, but she scored only 11 against the Hoyas.

Participants danced at the College Avenue Gym Saturday night to the music of Brian Nash. The event, sponsored by Rutgers Recreation, allowed community members to take part in dances like the cha-cha, foxtrot, hustle and quickstep.

Senior point guard Khadijah Rushdan grabs her head yesterday after slamming against the court in the first half following a collision with a Georgetown defender. Rushdan left the game after receiving help from the training staff and did not return.?The Scarlet Knights trailed by 10 at that point and lost by 28 points.

Big?East Co-Defensive Player of the Year Khaseem Greene makes a tackle in Rutgers’ 40-22 loss to end the season at Connecticut. Greene announced in?December he will return for his senior season.

DePaul forward Cleveland Melvin screams as he finishes a second-half dunk at the RAC, where he scored 14 points to help the Blue Demons rally and beat Rutgers.

Sophomore 125-pounder Vincent Dellefave sizes up Navy’s Aaron Kalil on?Sunday at the Louis?Brown Athletic Center, where Dellefave wrestled at 133 pounds to fill a void in the lineup. Dellefave lost, 4-2, but took positives out of the tightly contested match.

Junior 125-pounder Joey Langel rides Navy’s Tyler Sackett before suffering a 5-1 loss to start Rutgers’ dual meet.

Eric Fleisher, director of Horticulture at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy, talks yesterday about maintaining soil organicallly.

Dr. Jeffrey Laskin, the CounterACT?Research Center of Excellence director, shares his research efforts to alleviate mustard gas injuries yesterday in the Life Sciences Building on Busch campus.

Freshman 149-pounder Anthony Perrotti flips Navy’s Peyton?Walsh to pick up the fastest pin of the season for a Rutgers wrestler with a 13-second fall.

Junior 174-pounder Greg Zannetti pushes Navy’s James Mannier to the mat after recording one of his seven takedowns in a 16-6 major decision.?Zannetti picked up his team-best 20th win.

More Media