Neil P. Kypers

Recent Articles:

Long hair, don't care

To all the disappointed readers expecting an ode, I offer my deepest condolences. Upon reflection, I realized the only reason I wanted to write this send-off ...

Combat your messy roommates

I took my first official visit to Hurtado Health Center on the College Avenue campus yesterday in all my four years at the University. I have visited ...

Hipsters make me gaga

Has anyone noticed an increased amount of men wearing skinny jean cutoffs? I know I have. I believe this bold fashion statement must be attributed to ...

University community unite

Greetings, salutations and a resounding welcome back to school. It is the beginning of a new and exciting year at the University. It is my fifth year ...

More Articles

Recent Media:

Junior center Monique Oliver paced the Scarlet Knights down low in thier 73-70 victory against California, scoring 18 points and hauling in nine boards. Oliver faces a Boston College frontcourt tonight that matches evenly to the Knights in the post.

Senior forward Chelsey Lee, the Knights’ leading returning rebounder, will miss the season after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery.

Senior forward Chelsey Lee underwent offseason shoulder surgery and will receive a medical redshirt. The injury leaves the Knights’ frontcourt hurting for depth.

Rutgers head men’s basketball coach Mike Rice said the team’s goal this season is to post a winning record in the Big East.

Junior forward April Sykes led the Scarlet Knights in scoring with 21 points on 9-of-20 shooting from the field.

Junior guard Nikki Speed dished four assists in 21 minutes.

Head coach C. Vivian Stringer brings back her entire roster from this season, including forward April'Sykes, the team's leading scorer. Stringer also welcomes three of four incoming freshmen that are ranked 93 or higher by ESPN.

Texas A&M'center Danielle Adams led all scorers with 28 points and added 11 rebounds for a double-double effort.

Khadijah Rushdan, left, and April'Sykes look on in the final minutes last night, when Texas A&M'eliminated Rutgers from the NCAA'Tournament.

Junior guard Khadijah Rushdan turned the ball over seven times last night in the Scarlet Knights' second-round loss to'Texas A&M. Rushdan and the rest of the offense struggled to support April Sykes offensively, as only Erica Wheeler joined her in double figures.

Forward April'Sykes defends Louisiana Tech's Brietta Thomas. Sykes led the Scarlet Knights with 33 minutes played.

C. Vivian Stringer's team will likely enter the NCAA'Tournament as a No. 8 or 9 seed after winning five of the past six games.

Sophomore center Monique Oliver and the Knights' lineup shot only 36.4 percent from the field in their loss to No. 1 UConn.

Connecticut senior Maya Moore, the Big East's Player of the Year, scored 22 points last night against the Knights' in the Big East Tournament semifinals in Hartford, Conn., propelling No. 1 UConn to yet another finals appearance.

Senior forward Jonathan Mitchell and the Knights lost to North Carolina in their last visit to Madison'Square Garden.

Junior forward April'Sykes scored 16 second-half points against Marquette yesterday in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament at the XL'Center, giving the Starkville, Miss., native 22 double-figure efforts this season.

Sophomore center Monique Oliver contributed 18 points and seven rebounds against'Marquette, sending the Knights into a semifinal date tonight at 6 p.m. with Connecticut.

Junior point guard Khadijah Rushdan, left, contributed 10 boards yesterday to go along with eight assists against Marquette.

Senior guard Mike'Coburn took a feed from classmate James Beatty with eight seconds left against Providence Saturday and earned a trip to the free throw line with the Knights down two.

Sophomore 133-pounder Matt Fusco, bottom, looks to earn an automatic NCAA Tournament bid with a strong weekend.

More Media