Syracuse matchup postponed due to inclement weather

The Rutgers men’s soccer team’s scheduled game last night against Syracuse was postponed due to inclement weather.

The Orange will remain in Piscataway and take on the Scarlet Knights at 1 p.m. today at Yurcak Field.

Syracuse is winless in the Big East and ranks last in the league with a 2-9-1 overall record, while Rutgers (7-5-1, 4-1) is in second place in the Big East Red Division.

But the Orange earned a result against then-No. 11 Louisville earlier this season, playing the Cardinals to a scoreless draw.

“There is no such thing as a lesser opponent in the Big East,” said head coach Dan Donigan. “Syracuse has gone on the road and gotten great results against Louisville. They have been in just about every match they have played in.”

The Knights sit four points below South Florida in the divisional standings and finish their season Oct. 30 at home against the Bulls.

They have a two-game road trip after hosting Syracuse, beginning Saturday at Louisville.

The Cardinals are 8-5-1 overall, but boast only 1-4-1 record in conference play. They also play St.?John’s in?Jamaica,?N.Y., next Wednesday before returning to Yurcak Field for the regular season finale.

— Staff Report