HORU April 10, 2015

"It probably started when I was in maybe 10th grade. I went up to the Delaware Water Gap area, just once, for a day-walk up Mount Tammany to view the gap at the adjacent Kittatinny Ridge in Pennsylvania. Beautiful spot. And ever since I went and had seen that first, real panoramic view of the mountains, it really made me feel a certain way, man. A way I'll never forget. It was something intimate I guess you could say, but I knew that no matter what, nature would always be there. And that's where we started and that's where we should end.
Then in the year 2013, I hiked the Long Trail, which travels 272 miles from Williamstown, Massachusetts up to North Troy, a little bit before the Canadian border in Vermont. And that walk just moved me so. Because being in the woods for a day is one thing, but once you're away and you really remember what it was you had at home, the things you miss, the things you can't do without; when you're out there, nothing's better. The cicadas sing you to sleep, you know? Sometimes it can be strange, but strange in a way that's almost transformative."