HORU April 16, 2015

"I go by the rule of no judging, and I mean I'm human, so I'm going to have preconceived notions, but I don't act on them because I know that's not fair, you know? You never know what someone's like. Just because someone has tattoos and piercings doesn't necessarily mean they're into punk rock or something. And because of that, I feel like it's easier for people to talk to me, because I don't care. If it doesn't have to do with me, I'm not going to judge you because of some action of yours. And I'm always open to questions and stuff. I'm Muslim, I'm Pakistani, so ask me questions please, you know? I just want people to know. I'm kind of tired of all these boxes that are like, 'you belong in this box, and because you belong in this box, you have all of these characteristics that link you.' There's so many times when people have done that to me, where someone didn't expect me to dress the way I do like, 'Oh, you're Muslim, you're brown, and so your beanies and my snapbacks don't make any sense.' But if you knew anything about me.
So, I mean, I don't fit into those boxes, so I think it's stupid to put others in those boxes. And I know people who have never met a Muslim before and they're all afraid that I'm going to get offended if they ask me questions, but why would I get offended? I'm just trying to raise awareness. We're all people in the end."