HORU May 20, 2015

"I never fully understood the saying 'don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes' until my mom died of cancer last January. She passed away early in the morning but I decided to go to my evening lecture in an attempt to feel more sane about things. During that class I wasn't visibly distraught so the people sitting around me were completely unaware that just that morning I had been woken up by my dad telling me that my mom was gone forever. I think the weirdest feeling was knowing that no one in the room had any idea that hours earlier I had stood in front of my mom's lifeless body wondering how I was ever going to feel normal again. In everyday life I think it's easy to pass judgements onto others for things they do or the way they act. In reality though, it's impossible to know exactly what someone is going through and why he or she might be acting a certain way."
-	Secrets from the Sole
"I never fully understood the saying 'don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes' until my mom died of cancer last January. She passed away early in the morning but I decided to go to my evening lecture in an attempt to feel more sane about things. During that class I wasn't visibly distraught so the people sitting around me were completely unaware that just that morning I had been woken up by my dad telling me that my mom was gone forever. I think the weirdest feeling was knowing that no one in the room had any idea that hours earlier I had stood in front of my mom's lifeless body wondering how I was ever going to feel normal again. In everyday life I think it's easy to pass judgements onto others for things they do or the way they act. In reality though, it's impossible to know exactly what someone is going through and why he or she might be acting a certain way." - Secrets from the Sole

- Secrets from the Sole