HORU February 29, 2016

(3/3)
(3/3)

(3/3) "In the beginning of 2011 I got moved to Kessler Institute in West Orange where I stayed for inpatient rehab. I had to get myself healthy and I had to continue working on my studies. By the next semester, I was right back in it, and I had been making progress the whole time. Five weeks after my injury, and I still have the scar, I was able to breathe on my own. That Thanksgiving after my surgery, I was able to eat solid food. They told me I'd be paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of my life, but during my Superbowl party just a couple months later, I was able to lift my elbows, move them around a bit, shimmy, shake and things like that. Things have come back for me slowly but surely, and it makes me realize that anything is possible. You just gotta fight, and have faith, and work your butt off for something that you really want, because you never know what you can do with hard work. Great things have happened for me over the past 5 and a half years through hard work and therapy. And I can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring, with technology and determination. I truly believe that in my lifetime I will be able to walk again.
To all of you out there at Rutgers University, I want to say thank you for supporting me. Keep on supporting me, and keep on working toward your goals and aspirations too. Rutgers is a special place, so take it all in. There's a lot to learn from your experiences there, so enjoy it, have fun, believe in me and believe in yourself."

To read (Part 4) and to learn more about the great 52, Eric Legrand, and how he's left his MARK on Rutgers University, visit:
https://www.facebook.com/MarkConference?fref=ts
#MARKmonday