HORU February 8, 2016

"I started watching YouTube videos a long time ago. At that point YouTube was kind of new and not many people made videos for money, but after falling in love with painting and switching my canvas to the face, I decided to get in front of the camera and try it out for myself. Eventually I kept posting content and in my senior year of high school, it just blew up. Everyone who was watching my videos was around my age, so the ones about prom makeup and getting ready to dorm really became popular. It

"I started watching YouTube videos a long time ago. At that point YouTube was kind of new and not many people made videos for money, but after falling in love with painting and switching my canvas to the face, I decided to get in front of the camera and try it out for myself. Eventually I kept posting content and in my senior year of high school, it just blew up. Everyone who was watching my videos was around my age, so the ones about prom makeup and getting ready to dorm really became popular. It's just mind-blowing sometimes to think that all of these people look to me as a friend. And I think it's incredible when these friends ask for my advice. I feel like whenever you're faced with a challenge, it's always comforting to know that someone's there for you. Even if their not literally right next to you, knowing that someone really cares is what's important. I can't tell you how many times I receive a message and I'm bawling my eyes out because I'm heartbroken that this person has to deal with whatever it is they're dealing with. I've learned to not let things bring me down and I feel like there's always a better tomorrow if you decide to push for what you want. But often times, people don't see that. When I started watching YouTube, I was looking for that community and for those who made me feel like I belong somewhere, and now the tables have turned. And that's really special to me."

To learn more about Olena and the MARK she leaves online and on those around her, visit:
https://www.facebook.com/MarkConference?fref=ts
#MARKmonday