HORU April 4, 2016

"I first came to Targum when we were at the old Mine Street office in the very beginning of my first semester, freshman year. My first few stories were awful, and I was probably a huge pain in the ass. But one day, my associate news editor at the time, she sent me this stern message asking if I could come in and talk to her. I was so scared, such a na•ve freshman and thought I'd be getting fired for sure. But they actually saw something in me, and wanted to make me an editor. And since then, I've learned a lot. I definitely used to have some self-doubt, but representing the study body and re-presenting information has been a growing experience. The friends I've made here and the nights I've spent here have all helped me to become Editor-in-Chief. There are days when it's stressful, but at the end of the day, I love working in news. And even after working in news for a while, and after going through every story every night, there's still this weird, exciting feeling that you get, seeing your name on the front page of the newspaper."