HORU April 8, 2016

"The old Targum office brings back so many memories. You know how they say, 'Never forget where you come from'? So this is not where I come from. I don't even come from New Jersey, I come from India. But, at one point in my life, for a very long time, this was home. And I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean that literally. I worked here, I ate here, I slept here, laughed here, cried here and made all my friends here. It became a home for all of us, and it's where I really got my start. I knew I wanted to study journalism before I came to Rutgers, but the determination got so much stronger when we were out here producing a paper every day. And it might just sound like a student club, but it's actually real world journalism. And when I did that every single day, I realized that this is what I want to do for life. All my internships that I've had in the past, and the internship I have right now at 60 Minutes; nothing would've been possible without The Daily Targum. I've learned so much from starting as a desk assistant and working my way up to News Editor. But one thing that will stick with me, is that among the pressures and the deadlines, the errors, the fights and the crazy nights, I found my success."