Try our new website

HORU May 26, 2016

"I'm here to learn. To learn about the pressing issues that are really going to wind up posing more significant problems down the road if they're not taken care of or spearheaded by people like us. Learning is important, especially for people our age, because it's going to be on us to eventually handle these problems that are coming about. And I feel a pretty solid responsibility to know as much as I can about them in order to help fix them in some way, shape or form. You look at the way society's moving now, and it's not going in a good direction. And I think part of the problem is that people aren't spending enough time learning about certain things that are important. Something I've learned here is that, there really isn't a limit to what you can learn. Opportunity is not as scarce as people may think it is. You hear people saying, 'What can I do? I'm just one person.' And I haven't done much yet myself, but that's really because right now it's more important for me to learn about these things. And at the end of the day, I think that Rutgers, above all else, has taught me that there are far more opportunities than people may think there are and that cynicism isn't really warranted."