HORU June 1, 2016

"I really like the idea of personal brands and being able to make something of yourself. And at this point, I've done tons of research on social media, branding and advertising too. It's brought me to the city for my fifth internship, working as a marketing and communications intern for a modern furniture and design company called Vitra. And while my major at Rutgers is Journalism and Media Studies, I've really been focusing on the media part. I think it's interesting how important and prominent social media marketing is today, and I'm learning that my courses and experience in the field can really be useful. It's something every company can benefit from at this point, and it's almost a necessity for the growth and success of a business. In the middle of all these classes and all of this work, it's hard to step back and realize that I'm actually learning a lot through my time and my experience. But I'm growing more confident and I'm starting to feel like I can actually help a company where it matters most. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm doing well and taking advantage of all of my resources."