HORU June 16, 2016

(1/3)
(1/3)

(1/3) "I'm really interested in child psychology and that's where I want to be in the future. Children are really vulnerable, and people don't realize it, but they hear, see, and perceive everything around them; and they take it all in. There are so many times when I'm thinking back on my own childhood where I wish I could've helped myself. And I think I've always been someone who wanted to help people because I feel like there was a lot of pain in my family growing up. I wanted to fix things but didn't know exactly how. And after spending so much time here preparing for medical school, I ended up canceling my MCAT 5 days before I took it. I decided to stick to my interest in psychology and now I'm working at the Psych Labs on Busch, and specifically in the Youth Anxiety and Depression Clinic. At this point in my life, I feel like doing anything else would be disingenuous to myself and to everything I believe in. Especially as I deal with my own OCD and the anxiety and depression that has come along with it."